Bio-Tech & Pharma
Kendall Square Cambridge
The Community Exploration and Learning Lab (CELL) at Novartis teaches high school students about biomedical science and drug discovery through hands-on experiments. Through interactive labs, students will learn from leading scientists at Novartis and learn how PCR and gel electrophoresis are used to advance scientific research and development. On site in their Cambridge lab. Novartis Cambridge Lab Visit.pptx-2
Biotech and Beyond...Building Talent
The biotech industry is thriving. Many of the world’s leading companies have offices in the Boston area. However, there are not enough career development opportunities to prepare and connect local students with biotech careers. The School to Careers Partnership (STC) is uniquely positioned to address this workforce challenge through its Biotech and Beyond...Building Talent initiative. KEY FACTORS:
- Demand for talent is far greater than supply. Leveraging regional talent, beyond urban centers, is key.
- Expanding and supporting local economic and social development regionally is logical.
- KENDALL SQUARE Cambridge is GROUND ZERO for the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
- Lab visits to state of the art facilities
- Career Panels
- Middle School GIRLS STEM Meet Up Conference
- Middle School Rocket Clubs
- Middle School Health Careers Academy
- Health/Medical Career Conference
- April School Vacation Programs: Biotech & Engineering Symposium; Boston Children's Hospital STEM Intensive
School to Careers
Join a virtual seminar led by a panel of Sanofi leaders who will describe their roles, their career journeys, and the impacts of their work locally and globally! Key Sanofi staff will share their career paths and where it can all go with students. Learn more about more about Sanofi Who is Sanofi? or more about the seminar Sanofi Panel.pptx