Bio-Tech & Engineering Symposium
Biotech and Beyond...Building Talent
The biotech industry is thriving. Many of the world’s leading companies have offices in the Boston area. However, there are not enough career development opportunities to prepare and connect local students with biotech careers. The School to Careers Partnership (STC) is uniquely positioned to address this workforce challenge through its Biotech and Beyond...Building Talent initiative. KEY FACTORS:
- Demand for talent is far greater than supply. Leveraging regional talent, beyond urban centers, is key.
- Expanding and supporting local economic and social development regionally is logical.
- KENDALL SQUARE Cambridge is GROUND ZERO for the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
- Lab visits to state of the art facilities
- Career Panels
- Middle School GIRLS STEM Meet Up Conference
- Middle School Rocket Clubs
- Middle School Health Careers Academy
- Health/Medical Career Conference
- April School Vacation Programs: Biotech & Engineering Symposium; Boston Children's Hospital STEM Intensive
School to Careers
Massachusetts is home to some of the leading STEM companies in the world. Tap into these resources at the Bio-Tech & Engineering Symposium 2022 for select students. The symposium brings STC high school students to on-site seminars in Boston market to make connections, learn first hand about STEM opportunities and how to get there...now! This year, the symposium will be IN PERSON connecting students with STEM leaders in bio-tech and engineering companies. Here's the brochure: Bio Tech-Engineering 2022 Symposium Brochure .pptx
Read here...FEEDBACK FROM THIS YEAR'S ATTENDEES
Special thanks to SAME Boston Post for their continued support!
School to Careers
Details attached...here is what's in the works for students this April vacation for those students eager to make STEM connections.
- STC Bio-Tech & Engineering Symposium: 3 day site visit symposium at leading STEM businesses 4/19 - 4/21/22
- Boston Children's Hospital: Building Careers in Health & STEM: 4 day virtual interactive experience with LIVE seminars/speakers from the Boston campus 4/19 - 4/22/22
- 90 minute seminar: Insights from Boston Children's Hospital Staff: How and Why a Health Career at BCH? 4/20/22 NOON
MIT Cambridge, MA